Thursday, November 12, 2009

Off to the doc......again

I swear I am so getting sick of doctor appointments.
Today I am off to the doctor for a colposcopy. It's really weird that 2 different parts of my body are now being tested for cancer. Funny how life is, huh?

This is I think the 10th one of these I have gotten. They suck!
I have had cancerous cells in my cervix since I was 14 and here we are (almost) 20 years later dealing with the same thing.
I have had my cervix frozen 2 times, scraped 3 times, 2 LEEP procedures and some other one that I can't recall.
The last time I dealt with this, I was this >< close to being diagnosed with cervical cancer. The only thing that was stopping the diagnosis was that it did not embed into the tissues outside my cervix or something like that.
How sad is it that I can't remember this stuff. I think because I have been dealing with this for so long, it is so easy to forget.
Then Tuesday I have my mammogram at 8:30, breast ultrasound at 9 and consult with the surgeon at 9:30. Pretty tight schedule there.

But I have realized that if I do have cancer in my boob and/or my cervix, it will be ok.
It has to.
There isn't any other choice.
My bff told me I am too much of a bitch to die young. I think she is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting